International Business Times– New York, NY
Social Media Editor, February 2015- March 2016
- Managed the International Business Times’ social media accounts.
- Monitored and posted breaking and developing news.
- Helped reporters find sources and embeddable content for stories.
- Crafted posts, and create quote cards.
- Experimented with emerging platforms to build audience and brand.
Resource Magazine– Brooklyn, NY
Intern Editor/Staff Writer, January 2015- April 2015
- Wrote articles for the blog and short pieces for the magazine.
- Proof-read content.
- Assisted with article research and photo shoots.
KGNU Community Radio– Denver, CO
Volunteer Producer, January 2014- November 2014
- Worked to produce hour-long music program for the radio.
- Assisted in community outreach.
KUVO Public Radio– Denver, CO
Technical Producer for “The Takeaway” August 2011- June 2012
- Operated control board during live broadcasts.
- Scheduled guests and live interviews for daily shows.
- Contacted expert guests to prep for interviews.
- Researched daily local news and current events.
- Edited interviews and phone calls.
- Prepared and ran audio equipment during live and remote broadcasts.
The Met– Denver, CO
Editor/Reporter, January 2011- May 2011
- Wrote news stories on various campus issues and events.
- Proof-read the stories of fellow students.
- Conducted interviews with school officials and state representatives.
Social media management, AP style writing and editing, WordPress and CMS, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, AP Prime Cuts, Sound Bank, Logic Pro, GarageBand, FinalCut Pro, DSLR photography, international relations, politics
Metropolitan State University of Denver– Denver, CO
BA in Journalism, 2011